IntroductionTungmeung Park, a banding riverbank park, is located next to the middle reaches of Love River in Northern Kaohsiung. Gay show up in the park after sunset till sunrise, especially crowded on weekends or holidays. There are many walkways, trails, and seats in the park, but the public lavatory is still the best option for hooking up. Some had chosen to wait in some factories nearby. But, this place has losing its attraction little by little since the Love River riverbank development getting faster than ever.
Tungmeung Park is not the origin of Kaohsiung gay. The earliest gay scene starts at lower reaches of west side of Love River, even the location falls in the urban central, but most citizens would not step in the undeveloped Love River riverbank by then. As the speed of Love River development is in rapid, gay migrates to middle or upper reaches of Love River. In results that makes west side of lower reaches of Love River burned out its glowing gay history. However, the development rises it's foot again to chase up the speed for gay switching there places. The major gay spots nowadays are shrinking or spliting.
Part of Tungmeung Park is under reconstruction for the Love River project.
*Once it was announced that there were several violence fraud issues happened in the past years, please keep an eye for safety while entering the park alone.
- Loacation：a banding at east section of crossraod of Boai 1st. Rd. and Tungmeung 1st. Rd.
- Time：Sunset to Sunrise
How to get here
- By Kaohsiung Metro: get off at Kaohsiung Metro "Houyi Station(R12)" and follow the map
- By Bus: find Bus Stop close to "Heart of Love River", follow the map after arriving
- By Taiwan Railway: get off at "Kaohsiung Railway Station" and make a transit with Kaohsiung Metro to the "Houyi Station(R12)", follow the map after arriving.
- By Taiwan High Speed Rail: get off at "Zuoying Station" and make a transit with Kaohsiung Metro to the "Houyi Station(R12)", and follow the map after arriving
- Along the Highway: get off at the Chiuju interchange of Chung-Shan Highway, follow the direction west into Kaohsiung City. Heading north at the crossroad of Chiuju Rd. and Boai Rd. And just follow the map.
- By Air Travel: get off at Kaohsiung International Airport and make a transit with Kaohsiung Metro to the "Houyi Station(R12)", follow the map after arriving.